This therapy teaches you to accept negative thoughts and feelings as they are. This gives you space in your head to focus on acting in the present. With therapeutic exercises you learn to deal better with the pain that is part of life. It gives you the strength to do the things that are really important to you.
Approaches of ACT
Therapy works with the following approches:
- Acceptance: being prepared to accept your inner world,
- Defusion: take thoughts not too literally,
- Context: letting go of firm beliefs about yourself,
- Here and now: reflecting on the here and now,
- Values: discover what really matters to you in life,
- Committed acting: acting in accordance with your values.
This treatment is increasingly used successfully for anxiety and mood problems (gloom and depression) and low self-esteem.
Contact Psychologen Amsterdam
Do you need help or do you just have a question about acceptance and commitment therapy? Then call for an appointment or send a message to practice Psychologen Amsterdam.